Re: What's next after tech. writing

Subject: Re: What's next after tech. writing
From: Phil Block <pblock -at- EXECPC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 20:16:22 -0500

On Wed, 5 Jun 1996, Henry Crews wrote:

> I'm a new tech. writer and new to this list. Technical writing is not my
> first job choice but my new position offered good experience and a good
> raise. I was wondering what career areas are available for a person to move
> on to with technical writing experience?

-- snip --

Henry,

After accumulating 12 years experience in paper doc, marketing
communications, and training materials development, I moved on to
full-time web page development. Learned HTML and other Internet-related
areas on my own, in my spare time. Had a couple of employee-sponsored web
projects along the way. Also had a brief interlude of online help
exposure (RoboHelp) earlier this year. (Online help and HTML are quite
similar, IMHO.)

Phil Block
Sr. Web Page Designer (aka Sr. Technical Communications Analyst)
Compuware Corp.
Milwaukee, WI
Email: pblock -at- execpc -dot- com
Personal Web Site: http://www.execpc.com/~pblock