Re: Sample Report Captures (Text) in Windows

Subject: Re: Sample Report Captures (Text) in Windows
From: Sue Heim <sue -at- RIS -dot- RISINC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 13:03:50 PST

Geraldine Witt wondered:
> Does anyone have any ideas how I can accomplish a plain report
> capture from Windows? I'd be interested to know how others approach
> this.

I have a text report that I put into a manual as an example, but I no
longer put the whole report in. What I've done is essentially
duplicated the first few lines of the report by manually typing
everything (including headers). I put borders around the top, left
and right sides of the "report." Then I insert a graphic (I use Word
for Windows) that's just a jagged edge and change the spacing of the
graphic so that it butts up against the left and right border lines.
So it looks like a torn off sheet from the report. Gives the user an
idea of what it's supposed to look like, can be edited if the data
changes, and doesn't take up too much space...

If you want more info, let me know...
...sue
Sue Heim
Research Information Systems
Carlsbad, California USA
Email: Sue -at- ris -dot- risinc -dot- com

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net