Re: Help for Doc2Help-memory

Subject: Re: Help for Doc2Help-memory
From: SMckinney <104146 -dot- 13 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 08:29:36 EDT

Hi Brenda,

While lurking the list, I noticed your last comment: Your biggest problem is
out-of-memory errors. Do you mean the message that comes up "Insufficient
memory...Word will not be able to undo..." (paraphrasing here). If that's what
you get when you try to redo the table of contents, that's because Word itself
is inserting invisible bookmarks into your document. I highly recommend doing
what I did: Ran Tools|Repair Manual|Remove Automatic TOC Bookmarks (deselecting
other check boxes). This strips out all those nasty bookmarks that otherwise you
can't find and destroy. The only downside I've found: You must reimport cropped
graphics and recrop. Otherwise, it's helped me open and fix a document that I
couldn't open because it was so clogged with these suckers.

Kristy Astry
Columbine JDS Systems, Inc.

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net