Re: Seek help for poof reading

Subject: Re: Seek help for poof reading
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 1996 17:31:09 -0400

>I wonder if someone can direct me to resources for proof reading.
>(snip) I am willing to pay for effective
>proof reading because I consider such payments as tuition for
>learning to be a good technical writer.

Bravo!

Two suggestions:
(1) The copyediting-L list publishes a list of freelance copyeditors.
Many of them also do proofreading. If you are interested, I can email you
a copy. It's a few months old (I don't download every monthly update) but
you should be able to find a couple of people in your area.

(2) If you want to educate yourself, rather than farm out the work, there
is a book called _Handbood for Proofreading_ by Laura Killen Anderson.
It is a very thorough treatment of proofreading techniques for different
types of documents. The publisher is NTC Business Books, and the ISBN is
0-8442-3265-3.

Good luck.

@Kat _______________________________ katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
Kat Nagel MasterWork Consulting Services, Rochester, NY
Technical writing / Document design / Information services

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net