Seek help for poof reading

Subject: Seek help for poof reading
From: Dasen Luo <dluo -at- S -dot- PSYCH -dot- UIUC -dot- EDU>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 1996 15:54:19 -0500

I wonder if someone can direct me to resources for proof reading. I
am not a native English speaker, yet I need to write technical papers
of publishable quality. I once got a native English speaker with a
Master degree in English to do proof reading for me, but the proof

reading turned out to be not very effective. I think the main reason is my
manuscript was full of technical expressions, and the person who did
the proof reading for me lacked the necessary background to
thoroughly understand my manuscript. I specialize in quantitative
psychology, and although my papers are not always very mathematical,
most psychologists will have difficulties in understanding them. I
don't want to ask my colleagues in the field to do proof reading for
me because it will take too much of their valuable time, and they
won't accept any payment from me. I am willing to pay for effective
proof reading because I consider such payments as tuition for
learning to be a good technical writer. Can anyone help me with
this? Any directions will be greatly appreicated.

Dasen Luo
dluo -at- s -dot- psych -dot- uiuc -dot- edu

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net