Re: France

Subject: Re: France
From: David Jones/KSBEISD <David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- DATAHUB -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 10:35:34 HST

>Was somebody talking about France as a sans-serif
font? I see thin serifs, particularly obvious
on the capitals. Is my system pulling a
substitution on me? (And what widely available
non-boring sans-serif typefaces do you know of?
I know Stone is nice; what else?)<

Oops! Thank you, Mark! I have France here on the system, and didn't bother to
look. I think I was thinking of CorelDraw's Erie typeface (their version of
Eras). I just printed a 72pt sample here, and instead of serifs the ends of
lines of straight line segments are thickened. The ends of curved lines, like
on letters S and lowercase a and e also thicken slighly, but whether they're
serifs or not is something beyond my skill to determine.

(crawling back into my hole)

David Jones, Technical Writer
David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- Datahub -dot- com
Kamehameha Schools Bishop Estate

DISCLAIMER:
"I do not speak for my employer, my computer, or any other living thing."