Re: It's and its

Subject: Re: It's and its
From: Angela <amoore -at- SOFTDESK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 13:17:14 -0700

Matt wrote:
>I'm seeing more and more example's[sic] in publication's[sic] and
>advertising these day's[sic]... a muffler/brake/autoglass shop
>who's[sic] busstop and billboard ad's[sic] proclaim, "THREE PRO'S, >ONE
>SHORTSTOP"... or a restaurants[sic] promotion that begin's[sic],
>"KID'S... Ask your server about..."

How strange. That all looks very wrong to me! Except for the "Three Pro's"
one. That could be right because of the contraction of the word
Professionals, couldn't it? This example wouldn't be a possessive issue,
but rather a contraction one. The "Kid's" example would be totally wrong I
would think.

Thanks for the input!
-angela