Re: Pagemaker 6

Subject: Re: Pagemaker 6
From: Nancy Burns <burns -at- NOAO -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 14:26:52 -0700

On Thu, 27 Jun 1996 08:41:25 Virginia L. Krenn" <asdxvlk -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>

>I've just installed Pagemaker 6 and want to know if there are any quirks
>that I should be aware of.

I recently started using PM6 and have experienced many system crashes.
Don't know why, but one of the system guru's at my workplace gave me this
info from Adobe about an update (6.01) that you should be receiving if
you're registered:

From the Technical Support File Library Adobe PageMaker Enhancement Pack
Adobe PageMaker 6.01, a new installation update, is now available as an
Enhancement Pack for Macintosh, Power Macintosh(R), Windows 95, and Windows
3.1 systems.
This free CD-ROM update is being sent automatically to all registered
PageMaker users. It includes several new or improved plug-ins; new versions
of filters, utilities, color libraries, and color-management features;
updated PostScript(R) printer description (PPD) files; Adobe Type
Manager(R) software version 3.9; and changes we've made to PageMaker 6.0 to
address issues that customers have reported to us.

To order a Floppy Disk Version high-density disk set of the Enhancement
Pack for $19.95 (U.S. dollars) including shipping, plus applicable state
sales tax. Call 800-42-ADOBE to place a credit-card order (refer to offer
number 7-38-18-6).

Nancy S. Burns, Technical Writer
National Solar Observatory
Tucson, Arizona
e-mail: burns -at- noao -dot- edu
Telephone: 520-318-8574
"The reward of a thing well done is to have
done it." -Ralph Waldo Emerson