Word conversions to FrameMaker

Subject: Word conversions to FrameMaker
From: Laurah Limbrick <0002118962 -at- MCIMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 12:29:00 EST

Thank you to everyone who sent me/faxed me info on Frame v. Word. I
believe the hard part has been done (I hope) and my boss tells me we
should be getting FrameMaker software here sometime (well, at least
it's not NEVER) soon. We will no longer have to create our 450 pp.
docs in Word! Never mind that we don't know how to use it; somehow
we'll figure it out. Now comes the burning question:

How well do documents created in Word (6.0 and 7.0) convert to Frame?
One of the stumbling blocks in our quest to convert was that there
were rumors that Word doesn't convert very well to Frame at all
(another one along the same lines being "people will want to do their
updates on line and everyone uses Word" because no one actually wants
to hand me their hard copy redline revisions. Sigh.). Is this true? If
so, can anything be done about it?

Thanks again for your help!

Laurah Limbrick
<2118962 -at- mcimail -dot- com>