Results of WP and DTP survey

Subject: Results of WP and DTP survey
From: Gretchen Toth <glt -at- ICONOVEX -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 12:48:08 -0500

A couple people have asked about the responses to a survey I sent out about
WP and DTP tools used by folks on the list. (This was just a plain and
basic survey, no demographic stuff. In the survey I also asked about
operating systems, but many didn't indicate their platform(s), so I left it
out of the results.)

According to the responses, Microsoft Word is used by 74% and FrameMaker,
PageMaker, and WordPerfect are used, respectively, by 48%, 31%, and 30%. 54
individuals responded to my query.

Table 1 shows the frequency of those who use some of the
wordprocessing/desktop publishing tools available today. Note that
respondents were allowed to indicate more than one tool, so the percentages
do not total 100%. Also note that many different tools were lumped into the
'Other' category; there is not a single 'other' tool that 20% of the
respondents are using.

Table 1
Percentage Techwr-l Members Using WP/DTP Tools

Tool Freq Total %
Frame 26 54 48.15%
Page 17 54 31.48%
Word 40 54 74.07%
WP 16 54 29.63%
Leaf 8 54 14.81%
Quark 5 54 9.26%
Ventura 5 54 9.26%
Other 11 54 20.37%

:-)

Gretchen

Gretchen L. Toth
Technical Writer
The Iconovex Corporation
gretchen -dot- toth -at- iconovex -dot- com
http://www.iconovex.com