Re: HTML 3.2

Subject: Re: HTML 3.2
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 11:26:11 -0800

On Wed, 10 Jul 1996 08:21:00 MST, Parks, Beverly L. wrote:

>Sorry if this is a stupid question. Since HTML 3.0 is history, would it
>be a waste of one's money to purchase one of the many HTML 3.0 books that
>are on the market?

Probably not, since *most* of it got worked into browsers at the time
anyway. The worst that could really happen is a few tags may not work
exactly "as advertised".

>I wonder why these books got published in the first place...
>Were publishers just trying to get a jump start on the market, and it
>turned out to be a bad decision?

Bev, you're a genius. :-) Why do you think there were "How To Get the
Most Out Of Windows 95" books on the shelves last JULY? ;-)

Your friend and mine,
Matt