Re: HTML 3.2

Subject: Re: HTML 3.2
From: Vanessa Wilburn <vlwilburn -at- CPU -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 08:44:52 -0500

I would say yes it is a waste of money, since a standards book should
reflect the adopted standard. HTML 3.0 was not adopted, hence it would not
be appropriate to follow it. The same goes for the newly *proposed* 3.2.
Until it is adopted, treat it as such.

There is a great deal of good reference material on HTML standards at
http://wwww.w3.org

Vanessa

------------------------------

Yvonne DeGraw[SMTP:yvonne -at- silcom -dot- com] wrote:
>> Yes, HTML 3.0 is defunct. <<

Sorry if this is a stupid question. Since HTML 3.0 is history, would it
be a waste of one's money to purchase one of the many HTML 3.0 books that
are on the market?

I wonder why these books got published in the first place...
Were publishers just trying to get a jump start on the market, and it
turned out to be a bad decision?

Bev Parks
parksb -at- huachuca-emh7 -dot- army -dot- mil