Re: Words at Play

Subject: Re: Words at Play
From: Eric Ray <ejray -at- IONET -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 1996 07:15:27 PDT

Dan,

Interesting point. However, the cool part about the Internet
is that people interested in technical communication can
subscribe to a list like TECHWR-L and people interested in
wordgames can subscribe to an appropriate list for that
topic. If you like both, subscribe to both. If you like
only one or the other, subscribe accordingly.

Wordplay for its own sake is NOT appropriate for TECHWR-L,
just as MANY other topics in which some of us might indulge
are not appropriate. (Leaving the examples as exercises for
those interested.)

It isn't about technical communication = it isn't appropriate.

Eric

Eric J. Ray ejray -at- ionet -dot- net