Re: Screen Capture

Subject: Re: Screen Capture
From: Carla Martinek <carlam -at- MINERVA -dot- ODESTA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 09:38:47 -0500

>The captures are pretty good, but when we bring
>them into Framemaker, they get distorted, fuzzy and the text
>looks terrible (stairstepped). What are others out there using
>to get quality screen capture?

Noelle: a few troubleshooting questions for you:

1. What format are you saving your screen captures in? (bmp, eps, etc.)
2. Are you porting your screen captures cross-platform?
3. How are you putting your graphics in your docs?
a. Import by Reference
b. Copy into Document
4. Are you distorting your graphics in any way when you bring them in?
(e.g., resizing)
5. Are you using screen capture utilities, or the platform's
built-in screen capture ability?

Importing by reference keeps your file sizes smaller, and allows for
automatic updates on your screen captures.

If you are resizing your graphics, are you using the Scale command
(preferred), or grabbing the corners of the graphic and manually resizing?
(this is a really *baaaadddd* thing to do!)

We can continue this troubleshooting off the list if you'd like.

Regards,
Carla