Re: Screen Capture

Subject: Re: Screen Capture
From: "Sarsany,Michael" <SARSANYMJ -at- AGEDWARDS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 10:03:28 -0500

Noelle Conover wrote:
>I am one of two tech writers working on software documentation
>manuals for a small company. Our dilemma has been quality
>screen capture. We have tried several methods. Our software is
>cross platform, so we are able to capture using workstations,
>PC's or MAC's. The captures are pretty good, but when we bring
>them into Framemaker, they get distorted, fuzzy and the text
>looks terrible (stairstepped). What are others out there using
>to get quality screen capture?

We use our screen captures for documentation in WinHelp (using RoboHELP) and
Folio.

We mainly use the RoboHELP Screen Capture Tool, which works fine, but I
don't know if you can purchase it separately from RoboHELP.

For a nice balance of affordability & power, I recommend (and also use)
Paint Shop Pro. It is inexpensive (under $70 for a registered version -
trial versions available on the 'net) and provides both a method of taking
screen captures and tweaking them afterward.

Furthermore, the company that provides Paint Shop Pro (JASC) also offers
something called JASCapture (I haven't used it, so I know nothing about it -
except that it costs less than $40).

Good Luck with your search,

Michael Sarsany ~~
A.G. Edwards & Sons, Inc. OO
St. Louis, MO >
sarsanymj -at- agedwards -dot- com () = "Dog is Ed."

- Schnietze