Ventura Utilities

Subject: Ventura Utilities
From: Margaret Packman <mpackman -at- CISCO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 12:27:33 -0700

Ok, boys n girls, I tried to keep it off-line, but by popular demand (well,
two of you asked) here's the info on VP utilities.

It's been a long time since I bought these packages, so I'm sure there are
newer versions.

The DOS-based utility that strips VP codes is called VenEdit. Vendor:

QPlus, Inc.
2020 Beechwood Blvd.
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
(412) 521-9525

The last version I used was 2.0. As far as how I like it, it's DOS-based,
what more can I say? You still have to do some "tweaking" and reimport your
tables and graphics, but it does save a lot of time.

The product that turns VP 4.x and earlier files into help files is
MasterHelp. Vendor:

Performance Software, Inc.
575 Southlake Blvd.
Richmond, VA 23236-3042
(804) 794-1012
fax: (804) 794-0210

This is a much better program, but their docs leave a little to be desired.
I must say, though, that this company is very good to deal with on the
phone.

>(<
Ms Packman
Documentation Goddess, DNRC O-
Holder of Past Knowledge

"Alpha's just another word for nothin' left to lose;
Beta's not much better, but it's free."