Re: note taking

Subject: Re: note taking
From: Eric Ray <ejray -at- IONET -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 20:24:41 PDT

I've always been pretty adamant about NOT doing
clerical-type work as a technical writer. It
amazes me how programmers and analysts often seem
to assume that tech writers would be delighted
to take care of the clerical end of their jobs
too.

I sometimes took the issues to my boss, particularly
if I wasn't sure about the political logistics of
the situation, but generally I took the issue directly
to the programmer. Interestingly, I usually ended
up with much stronger working relationships AFTER
telling them that I was WAY too busy to play
secretary for them.

Eric

Eric J. Ray ejray -at- ionet -dot- net

"Sarah T. Harris" <STH -at- ALPHA -dot- SUNQUEST -dot- COM> wrote about
transcription: