Re: Doc-u-Tech

Subject: Re: Doc-u-Tech
From: Carol Atack <carol -at- ANT -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 09:19:19 +0000

At 7:57 pm -0700 24/7/96, Denise Passmore wrote:
>My company just installed a Doc-u-Tech system. We are trying to print from
>FrameMaker 4 and are having problems because the system does not allow you to
>send a book which is how our print documents are set up. Instead it arrives
>at the doc-u-tech as a group of separate files and in alphabetical order. To
>correct for this we have to rename all the documents (including the TOC and
>index) so that they will print in order.

>Does anyone else print to Doc-u-tech from Frame? I talked to the Xerox
>people and apparently no on else in the state of Florida does this?

>Thanks

>Denise Passmore

I do a lot of Frame to DocuTech printing. I just print the FrameMaker Book
as PostScript (rather than the individual files) and give that to my
DocuTech bureaux on an MO disc - I've used two different local bureaux, one
of them a high street copy shop, with no problems at all, and it's all been
totally hassle-free.

I first sent the whole book as one file this to save the setup fee for each
file (with one big file not twenty little ones) but it worked fine. If your
version of Frame lets you print the book (by choosing Print when the Book
is the current document) as a whole you could try that: Frame 4 and 5 on
the Mac certainly do but I don't know about other platforms.
Carol Atack
ANT, Cambridge

--
Carol Atack Tel: +44 1223 518221