Re: Switching from Word to FrameMaker

Subject: Re: Switching from Word to FrameMaker
From: Carla Martinek <carlam -at- MINERVA -dot- ODESTA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 09:51:51 -0500

>I'm thinking of switching from Word to FrameMaker on a project involving
>five books with 54 chapters in all. Naturally, I wonder if the switch is
>worth the trouble? What are the pros and cons? Will Bill Gates still love me?
>I don't wish to start an endless debate, but rather I would like to hear the
>personal experiences of those who have been down that road, and whether they
>would do it again

Absolutely, yes, Yes, YES! I would do it again, in a heartbeat/New York
Minute/pick the colloquial idiom of your choice.\

And, who CARES if Bill Gates doesn't love you anymore? :-) Anyone that
could release a ****** piece of software like Word 6, and create an
installation nightmare like Win95 had originally, is not needed in my
software library!

However, there are a few things you need to know about the actual process
of converting from Word to Frame. Contact me via separate email, and I'll
outline them for you.

Regards,