Re: Tech Writer as Webmaster

Subject: Re: Tech Writer as Webmaster
From: "Parks, Beverly L." <parksb -at- HUACHUCA-EMH7 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 08:15:00 MST

I bet the author was a tech writer, what do you think? <G>

I don't think "webmaster" is a term that can be correctly applied to a
person who writes HTML. (Although a webmaster may also do mark-up.) A
webmaster, at least as I've been led to believe, is the system
administrator of a Web server, and does not necessarily have anything to
do with creating Web pages.

Bev Parks
parksb -at- huachuca-emh7 -dot- army -dot- mil
http://www.cec.army.mil/~cis/index.html
http://www.primenet.com/~bparks/

Steve Evanina[SMTP:Steve -dot- Evanina -at- SCIATL -dot- COM] wrote:

Have any of u see the July 8 issue of Webweek?
An article suggests we (Tech Writers) are ideal cantidates for
webmaster positions.
The title of the article is, "Technical Writers in High Demand as
Webmasters."
The author claims that we are ideally suited for this work because
of our on-line help authoring skills.
I think our collective demand, and overall worth (read higher
salaries) is about to take a jump.
<<