Re: MS degree programs -Reply

Subject: Re: MS degree programs -Reply
From: David Hailey <FAHAILEY -at- WPO -dot- HASS -dot- USU -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 11:25:22 -0600

Hi all,
For what it is worth, we at Utah State University regard
Michigan Tech as one of the top technical writing programs
in the country. High praise coming from another excellent
program.

Dave Hailey
Assistant Professor
Professional Writing/Hypermedia
Utah State University

snip. . .
>>> "Margaret N. Hundleby" <mnhundle -at- MTU -dot- EDU> 07/26/96
10:40am >>>
Yes, we do have both M.S. and Ph.D. programs in
Rhetorica and
Technical Communication. I'm from Texas originally, but
have been quite
happy living in the Frozen North--in a truly beautiful
spot--and working
with energetic and knowledgable colleagues. To contact
Humanities
directly for information, please get in touch with Jack
Jobst, our
Master's advisor: jjobst -at- mtu -dot- edu -dot-

Margaret Hundleby
Asst. Prof, Scientific &
Technical
Communications
Michigan Tech

On Fri, 26 Jul 1996, Carla Martinek wrote:

> I replied personally to Bret, but I will post to the list
for anyone else
> who may be interested.

> >I'm considering pursuing a masters in technical
communication. I'd be
> >interested to hear any of your suggestions of which
schools to look at.

> Michigan Technological University, in Houghton, Michigan,
has a Masters
> program in Rhetoric and Technical Communication. I
believe they may even
> have a doctorate program, but don't quote me on that.

> It's a gorgeous place to live, if you don't mind being in
the middle of
> nowhere (literally). You've got to like winter up there,
also - you're on
> the shores of Lake Superior. Lots of outdoor activities
available, such as
> snowmobiling, skiing, and snowshoeing. Also, miles of
pristine rocky
> beaches, and several waterfalls within an hour of campus.

> The main university number is 906-487-1885.

> Carla Martinek (carlam -at- opentext -dot- com) | Visit the Open
Text
http://www.opentext.com/
> http://www.opentext.com |
omw/xpowrsrch_c.html

> To send a message about technical communication to 2500+
list readers,
> E-mail to TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU -dot- Send
administrative commands
> to LISTSERV -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU (e.g. HELP or SIGNOFF
> ALL other questions or problems concerning the
list
> should go to the listowner, Eric Ray, at
ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-