Japanese PDF Files

Subject: Japanese PDF Files
From: Coleman Yeaw <coleman -at- JAPANESE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 07:16:34 -0400

I think that Adobe Acrobat Exchange does what you describe.
Supposedly it installs as a Windows printer driver and allows you
to print directly to PDF. I'm not sure about a Japanese version,
though.

We have had good luck here generating Japanese .pdf files from Quark, but
never tried to do it from Word. PageMaker apparently has similar problems
to the ones you describe in Word, and we haven't been able to get through
them. I know that Adobe is aggressively pursuing the localization of
Acrobat 3.0, and there should be a beta version of that up on their
Japanese web site. I recall seeing a large announcement in the Japanese
press about it, but don't have the URL. That should have Japanese Exchange-
suggested above- in some beta form.

Let me know how it comes out.

Coleman Yeaw
Japanese Language Services, Inc.