Re[2]: What would you do?

Subject: Re[2]: What would you do?
From: Mike Sechelski <msechelski -at- HOU -dot- SPERRY-SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 11:45:03 -0500

<Kat wrote...>

<BTW, that's one reason why I haven't expanded my business and hired
<employees or subcontractors, even when I've had to turn down jobs because
<I was too busy. If I had enough work to justify hiring staff, I wouldn't
<have -time- to micromanage every piece of copy that went out the door.
<And I'm just too paranoid to trust -anybody- else with the image of my
<business.

<@Kat ___________________________________ katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
<Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting Services, Rochester, NY
<Technical writing / Editing / Document design

Kat,

This doesn't have as much to do with technical writing and sub
contractors as it does with business concepts, but I just have
to say that I have a "thing" about persons who feel the need to
"micromanage" every aspect of a business. You're so busy
scrutinizing the smallest details that you lose focus of the
BIG picture...in this case, the big picture being not allowing
your business to grow just because [dare I say it?] everyone
is incompetent except yourself.

I know, I know,..."Don't tell me how to run my own business!"

Okay, I'll stop. Actually, you may be perfectly happy with the
size of your business and that's fine too.

Now I expect to hear from all those riding their high horses and
beating me with their swords of integrity and quality.

[yeah, blah blah blah]

Michael Sechelski
Technical Writer Extraordinaire
msechelski -at- hou -dot- sperry-sun -dot- com

"Don't sweat the small stuff (...and it's ALL small stuff!)"