Voice Response Systems

Subject: Voice Response Systems
From: Stacey Roberts <stacey -at- AIMETERING -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 13:13:00 C

----------
From: owner-trdev-aus[SMTP:owner-trdev-aus -at- cleo -dot- murdoch -dot- edu -dot- au]

We are investigating the use of voice recognition systems for a variety
of
applications, primarily for students with disabilities but also for
people
without a high level of computer competence and keyboard skills.

So far we have identified, by name only, three systems - DragonDictate,
Kurzweil Voice and PowerSecretary. Are there any others we should know
about?

Can anyone tell me where I can get more information about these -
especially their respective strengths and weaknesses for different types
of
users - for academic/study and office uses. Windows and Macintosh users
may
need to be catered for, so this information is also relevant.

Which of these are available in Australia - and at what cost?
As the selected system(s) is/are likely to be made available to students
with difficulties, cost is going to be a factor.
What support available if needed?

[I apologize to people who get more than one copy of this request as a
result of cross-posting etc but I need to canvass as amany sources of
information as quickly as possible.]