Re: Translating Message into Other Languages

Subject: Re: Translating Message into Other Languages
From: David_Dubin -at- NOTES -dot- PW -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 12:55:44 EDT

Amy Brown writes, "I'm not sure that abbreviating messages will ease the
translation process. Also, terse messages can make for a chilly interface. Has
anyone else faced this particular puzzle? If so, how did you resolve it?"

The question I would ask is, if these messages are to be translated, into what
language are they to be translated? You must bear in mind the CULTURAL
differences between Americans and other cultures in order to write a clear
message that informs without being obtuse.

David Dubin -at- notes -dot- pw -dot- com