Re: Certification Designator

Subject: Re: Certification Designator
From: "Wing, Michael J" <mjwing -at- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 13:46:35 -0500

>Certification through the STC begs the question: if
>the candidate for certification is NOT an STC member,
>will the candidate be judged on the same basis as
>an STC member ?

Interesting question (and judged by whom? and what for?). I was not
involved in this forum the last time the certification issue was
discussed. I am not familiar with the issue and its impact on the
Technical Writing profession. If anyone could fill me in I'd appreciate
it. Please respond through private e-mail as this is probably a topic
that has been worn threadbare in the discussion group.

>It may seem strange, but some writers
>elected, for whatever reasons, to forego the benefits
>of STC membership.

I've never joined. No solid reasons, strange or otherwise, for not
joining. I really don't know much about STC (even though there is a
local chapter). I guess that basically I'm not a joiner.

Mike Wing

_/
_/ Michael Wing
_/ Principal Technical Writer
_/ Jupiter Customization and Educational Services
_/ Intergraph Corporation
_/ Huntsville, Alabama
_/ (205) 730-7250
_/ mjwing -at- ingr -dot- com