Re: Certification Designator

Subject: Re: Certification Designator
From: "George F. Hayhoe" <gfhayhoe -at- SCESCAPE -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 09:28:09 -0400

The discussion of how to indicate that you have achieved a not-yet-existing certification seems premature to me--somewhat like picking the names of your children before meeting your future spouse!

There are lots of other issues we must resolve before we can make an intelligent decision about whether certification is desirable AND feasible. But no matter what decision we in STC reach at the conclusion of our current investigation of certification, the exercise will not have been a futile one. The Certification Issues, Job Competencies, Communication Trends, and Professional Curricula Development committees (all directly or indirectly related to the certification initiative) should provide significant insights into ways we can make ourselves more marketable and improve our status in the workplace.

--George Hayhoe (gfhayhoe -at- scescape -dot- net)

George Hayhoe Associates
Voice: 803-642-2156
Fax: 803-6642-9325
http://www.scescape.net/~gfhayhoe/index.htm