Help for a newbie?

Subject: Help for a newbie?
From: Kate Marventano <Kate_Marventano -at- ZD -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 11:27:20 -0400

Hi all-

I am a newbie tech writer, and a newbie to this list, so please forgive me if
this post is inappropriate.

I am curious as to methods you use in the final stages of your books/material
before handing them off to editors. What techniques do you use for
proofreading, and ensuring that your material is the best it can be before
handing it off?

I just completed my first book, and realized that my attention to detail leaves
something to be desired. In an effort to reduce the ripple effect of my lack
of attention, I am trying to formaulate some kind of technique to increase my
awareness. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Either email or list.
Thanks.

KM