Re: Do windows appear?

Subject: Re: Do windows appear?
From: Valerie Jachimowicz <VJACHIMO -at- OMICRON-USA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 08:54:33 -0400

I would say that once you have used WindowShade your window is collapsed
(or rolled up, if you want to carry the window shade metaphor further).
However, you still must open a window before you can collapse it, so you
would still need to decide whether you want to say "the window opens,"
or "the window appears." Although I prefer open, because it seems to me
to relate the event more closely to the user's action, I think the real
key is consistency. As long as the writer uses the same term throughout
the document, I'm not sure that it matters which is used.

Valerie
vjachimo -at- omicron-usa -dot- com