Re: Scanning Advice Resources Needed

Subject: Re: Scanning Advice Resources Needed
From: Bruce WHITE <WHITE -at- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 21:13:43 UT

Don,
>>Does anyone have a recommended text on scanning images
>>and converting them to printable and "webable" images?
This is something I wrote for a client's Web site... lets pick it up at this
point.
======
4. Press the Scan button when it is finished close the Preview window from the
small box on the top left. You now have the image in Photoshop.

5. Check the size of the image. The window with the image will also show the
scale.
Is it showing 1:1? (If you are using inches or cms change the units to pels)
It should be no more than 500 pels wide.

6. Save as JPEG type (.jpg) Reduce the quality of the image at this point.
Try for a file size of about 30 to 50K. Check the file size in File Manager.
[Make it smaller if you want to have other things on the Web page.]
=====
Scanned images can be 30-50 MB, so steps 5 and 6 are needed to bring the size
down considerably. I set this site to JPEG simply because it suited the things
that they were scanning and I didn't want to go into the complexities of
choosing between the different forms of GIF and/or JPEG.

WinHelp IT Editing
white -at- msn -dot- com