Two Courses On Product Usability

Subject: Two Courses On Product Usability
From: "Jared M. Spool" <jspool -at- UIE -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 1996 23:24:11 -0500

User Interface Engineering presents two courses on Product Usability:

Product Usability: Survival Techniques
September 17, 1996

Techniques For Complex Applications
September 18, 1996

Andover Marriott, Andover, MA USA

We guarantee you will learn the techniques that we've taught to over
2,000 software engineers, user interface designers, programmers,
technical writers, project leaders and product managers.

Product Usability: Survival Techniques

Developing applications in today's business environment is
difficult. Organizations are looking to produce more usable products
with the same constrained resources: time, money, and people!

This course teaches your team how to produce a more usable product
without any more time, money, or people. You will learn how to
build a full working prototype without writing any code, in just a
few hours, with materials and equipment you already have.

Who Should Attend:

This course is for all members of the development team. Engineers,
technical writers, project leaders, and development managers will
benefit form the practical tips and techniques presented here.
Because of the advanced nature of the material, experience in
developing commercial products is highly recommended. An
understanding of basic usability concepts is helpful but not
required.

Techniques For Complex Applications

Today's graphical user interfaces employ a variety of solutions to
help users learn and use complex applications. This practical course
presents a wealth of insights from our research and consulting
practice about these solutions and how they can work for you.

You'll see numerous implementations from Microsoft, Lotus, and other
leading software houses. You'll learn how to choose, design, and
refine the solutions that will help your users learn and work more
productively. Exercises give you a chance to practice some of the
techniques discusses in the course.

Who Should Attend:

This course is for experienced developers who have worked on
applications with complex interfaces. Although most of the examples
are taken from Windows products, developers of other GUI or
character-based systems will also benefit from the techniques and
lessons learned. Familiarity with paper prototyping and current
Windows-based products is helpful but not required.

User Interface Engineering

We are a consulting firm in North Andover, MA. We specialize in
product usability issues.

Our Mission:

To empower development teams by providing key information to
make strategic design decisions.

We do this through consulting, training and research.

Over the past 8 years, we have trained over 2,000 developers on how
to build better products.

All of our courses are 100% guaranteed. If you are not satisfied
with this course, we will refund your money.

Prices:

Product Usability: Survival Techniques
September 17, 1996 $320.00

Techniques For Complex Applications
September 18, 1996 $320.00

Both days, both courses
SAVE $50, $590.00

For More Information, Contact:

User Interface Engineering
800 Turnpike Street, Suite 101
North Andover, MA 01845
Telephone: (508) 975-4343
Facsimile: (508) 975-5353
Email: uie -at- uie -dot- com

Ask about other courses, group rates and on-site courses.