Re: Personal Attacks and ???'s (#121687)

Subject: Re: Personal Attacks and ???'s (#121687)
From: Bill Burns <wburns -at- MICRON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 09:48:23 MDT

21-AUG-1996 09:17:01.92

>What a bunch of babies!

>If you want to really get your hinder singed try subscribing to the Quilt
>List. Mention God, mis-spell or mis-use a word, state a preference for
>polyester fabric or thread, or perhaps allow as how it isn't really
>quilting unless it's done by hand and your life isn't worth a plug nickel
>for weeks!

>Think I'm kidding, doncha'? NOT!

>Just to keep this on topic: What is the alternative to using FrameMaker
>for on-line documents? Does FrameMaker slip easily into HTML? What (with
>graphics) does?

>Thanks,

>Gail

That's an interesting take on this thread. I've been on a list for traditional
karate for many months, and it's far more civil than this list. Of course, the
members of this list are also far more aware of the subtleties of language,
which is probably why people here erupt over what others might consider minor
issues.

Oh, yes, on the topical question--FrameMaker with Quadralay's HTML filter works,
but it adds some arbitrary anchors that tend to make the HTML a bit messy. I
prefer creating a text file and retagging it, but I don't have large volumes of
legacy data in Frame.

Bill Burns
Assembly Training and Documentation Supervisor
WBURNS -at- MICRON -dot- COM