Re: Advice Request re: Mac Tool for 150-page Manual/Online Help

Subject: Re: Advice Request re: Mac Tool for 150-page Manual/Online Help
From: Gilda Spitz <Gilda_Spitz -at- SOFTARC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 08:48:42 -0400

groberts -at- TPOINT -dot- NET,Internet writes:
I would prefer to avoid Frame based on my experience with it on the PC, and
I'm afraid the company might balk at its expense, but feel free to recommend
it, esp. if you can list ways it is superior to the PC version as well as to
its competitors on the Mac. (I would guess its Mac version handles graphics
better than the PC version -- please confirm.)

I wonder why kind of negative experience you may have had with Frame. I've
used it in the past on the PC, and currently on the Mac, and I've had no
trouble either way. The projects I've worked on also involve many graphics.
Of course, you must import the graphic by reference, rather than copying it
into the Frame document.

Having also worked with MS Word, I much prefer FrameMaker.

Gilda Spitz
Senior Technical Writer
SoftArc Inc.