Re: Advice Request re: Mac Tool for 150-page Manual/Online Help

Subject: Re: Advice Request re: Mac Tool for 150-page Manual/Online Help
From: Eric Haddock <eric -at- ENGAGENET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 09:03:37 -0500

>Having also worked with MS Word, I much prefer FrameMaker.

I don't think Word is suitable as a serious program for technical
writers. Really. You can't typeset with it and it handles graphics in a
horrible manner (not to mention the interface--but that's another matter).
There are so many other programs more suited to long document creation
that Word shouldn't be considered.

I know I'm alone in the world, but I use QuarkXPress. :) I haven't had
the opportunity to work with FrameMaker. Strangely, no one I know uses it
despite the fact that I keep hearing about it. :/

/`-_ Eric Haddock ------ http://www2.corenet.net/moonlion
{ }/ Technical writer
\ | Engage Networks, Inc. --- http://www.engagenet.com
\__*| Milwaukee, WI

"Writing is easy. All you have to do is cross out the wrong words."
-- Mark Twain