"Manuals?" "Bulletins?" "Guides?" What?

Subject: "Manuals?" "Bulletins?" "Guides?" What?
From: Eric Haddock <eric -at- ENGAGENET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 08:54:00 -0500

What do you call your manuals?

I've heard:

Users Manual
Operations Manual
Technical Overview
Product Bulletin
Instruction Bulletin
Users Guide
and Instruction Manual

We're looking to change what we call ours from "instruction bulletin"
because some customers have asked us whether or not what they had was the
manual or some kind of preliminary document.

Have you had any difficulties with your name for documents?

/`-_ Eric Haddock ------ http://www2.corenet.net/moonlion
{ }/ Technical writer
\ | Engage Networks, Inc. --- http://www.engagenet.com
\__*| Milwaukee, WI

"Writing is easy. All you have to do is cross out the wrong words."
-- Mark Twain