Toolbars

Subject: Toolbars
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 21:09:02 +0100

Hello Cheryl,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von Cheryl Kidder an All am 28.08.96

CK> From: Cheryl Kidder <chekid -at- SYMIX -dot- COM>

CK> Curious as to the rules governing design of toolbars and what
CK> you have experienced.

personally I do not like them very much. You have to learn the symbols
besides the few standard ones and often you hardly recognize what they
are supposed to mean. Besides, they tend to change a lot from one window of an
application to the next.

Perhaps the best idea is to give the user some freedom to configure the
toolbar.

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander

--
Alexander von Obert, Urbanstr. 2, 90480 Nuernberg, Germany
Free-lance Technical Writer (electronics, software)