Re: Postscript compatibility questions

Subject: Re: Postscript compatibility questions
From: Joyce Flaherty <flahertj -at- SMTPGW -dot- LIEBERT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 20:07:32 EST

Chris, I don't know how to tell you to approach your network
guru, but I don't think the HP5 and Windows NT are incompatible.
MS neglected several valid drivers in both Win95 and WinNT.
*Call HP*. They will either confirm the problem or give you the
proper driver, most likely the latter.

As far as networks and printers are concerned, I know several
reasons why you might not want to put a PostScript printer on
the LAN, but that's another and longer msg. Suffice it to say,
I think "NT and the HP5 driver are incompatible" is not a
proper answer.

Of course, I could be wrong,
joyce flaherty
flahertj -at- liebert -dot- com

Subject: Postscript compatibility questions
Author: chamilton -at- GR -dot- COM at INTERNET
Date: 9/3/96 12:01 PM

We just moved our offices from one location to another and got to
upgrade from an old, ratty Compaq printer to an HP 5. We can't run the
HP printer driver because we're running Windows NT. Our network guru
says they're incompatible.
<big snip>

I thought postscript was generic. And anyway, if all the screenshots
are created the same way, then why are some of the messed upwhile others
aren't. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Is there any wisdom
you can give me about fixing this?

Thanks for any feedback.

Chris Hamilton, Technical Writer
chamilton -at- gr -dot- com