Info Mapping... what a country!

Subject: Info Mapping... what a country!
From: Bill Bledsoe <bill -at- ENVISION -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 10:52:57 -0500

Gang,

Good to see the lively debate continuing. I really have to wonder though
how many of you who do not see the benefit in chunking information, in to
relevant groups of 7+.-2 have ever been to an Information Mapping seminar?
Or, have you been handed a course manual and been expected to "learn it
yourself."

I know the seminars are expensive, but on basic principle, I don't believe
you can knock what they are saying, without knowing what they are saying,
i.e. going to a class and finding out.

The format, it is only the tip of the iceberg. 7+/-2 is only part of many
principles that Information Mapping requires you use to build effective
documents with their methodology.

So again I pose the question, who out there that so vehemently opposes this
method, has been to a single class?

Just curious :-}
Bill Bledsoe
Technical Communicator
Envision Solutions
SQA MGR/Process Lead
bill -at- envision -dot- com
or
intlidox -at- anet-stl -dot- com

"I'm out on a limb where the fun begins"
Adrian Belew/The Bears