List of Job Shops for Tech Writers

Subject: List of Job Shops for Tech Writers
From: Bill Hartzer <XBJH%mimi -at- MAGIC -dot- ITG -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 08:46:20 -0500

Hi!

I'm in the process of putting together a comprehensive nationwide list
of Contract Job Shops/Recruiters that hire Technical Writers. They may
or may not have positions available for permanent employees (perm
jobs). This list _will_, though, include companies that are 'always
looking' for technical writers.

Does anyone out there have such a list (and would like to add to mine or
vice versa)? Also, if you're interested in the list when it's compiled,
let me know. I expect it to be rather long (well over 1000 companies
already), so I probably won't post it to the list. E-mail me if you'd
like a copy of it when it's done.

If you have a company (or are affiliated with a company) you'd like to
add, please include:

Name and Title of person at company
Name of company
Address
City, State ZIP
phone number
fax number

Hopefully, in compiling this list, it will prove to be beneficial to
both the Tech Writers on this list as well as myself (since I'm a
contractor).

Regards,
Bill Hartzer Bill Hartzer
Contract Technical Writer President
Texas Instruments, Inc. Highfield Marketing Group, Inc.
Dallas, TX USA Irving, TX USA
xbjh -at- msg -dot- ti -dot- com Highfield -at- aol -dot- com
(214) 575 - 2041 (214) 432 - 0124
(214) 798 - 2976 voice pager (214) 432 - 0152 fax
"Highfield Marketing Group, Inc. is the proud maker of the CD-ROM
TalentBank(tm), an electronically searchable resume database full of
quality professionals in the computer, high-tech, and technical writing
industries. Never a fee for applicants. Employers and recruiters
can search thousands of resumes electronically on their desktops while
applicants can reach thousands of employers with their resume."