RAID terminology

Subject: RAID terminology
From: cjs10 -at- CORNELL -dot- EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 11:05:40 -0400

Hi, all --

I'm working on a document that describes the benefits of using RAID
mirroring. I want to say that mirroring provides "live backup" of the
data on the drive(s) being mirrored.

Is there a better way of putting that? "Continuing backup"? "Active
backup"?

TIA

Joanna

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-