Status of Words Into Type, 4th edition

Subject: Status of Words Into Type, 4th edition
From: Thomas Warren <twarren -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 15:25:17 -0700

First, please excuse posting to two lists and creating some
duplication. Readers of both lists are interested in WIT4, hence the
double posting.

Last November (I think it was), I sent a revision of WIT to the
publishers (Prentice Hall). The editor at that time (the book's 5th
since I was given the contract) wanted more reviews. I would hear in
January. I recently got a letter from another editor (the book's 6th)
indicating that that review was not complete. And, as she was new, she
wanted some time to review the history of the project.

Status now is, again, wait. She said some months for her review.

I see another revision coming, so why not use the time to advantage.
If you have particular comments about WIT3 (other than the dated
nature of the material on production, etc.), please end them to me off
the list (e-mail address below). In addition to updating all the
material, giving it a major edit to make it more friendly (lots of
second person), and changing many of the examples, I have combined all
the various glossaries into one large one (comment on that?). There is
also an extensive bibliography (broadened and updated).

Again, if you have comments about WIT3 (what to keep, what to change,
etc.), please send them to me at--

twarren -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu

(Because I will be traveling this week, I will temporarily log off
both lists. I'll be back on on Monday.)

Thomas L. warren
twarrem -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-