Re: Document Control Software

Subject: Re: Document Control Software
From: Bill Darnall <billd -at- DARCOMINC -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 1996 13:11:54 -0700

<snip> _____________________________________
<snip>________________________________________

>Regards...Kris
---------------------------
Kris,

This sounds like a cost-effective approach with which
you have had some experience. I'm skeptical about its
general applicability; but what's new about that? Please
help us to better understand your experience with this
approach (good and bad). Thanks in advance.

(1) How did you control user access to your master files?
(2) How did you ensure that your master files would not be
corrupted by naive users?
(3) How did you manage small revisions to
large documents? That is, did you duplicate
the entire document, or only the changes?
(4) Did you have many large embedded illos?
(5) How did you archive your master files?

Regards,
Bill Darnall
billd -at- darcominc -dot- com

D A R C O M I N C.

DOCUMENTATION: Writing, Editing, Proofreading
TRAINING: Scriptwriting, Instructional Design
PROJECT MGT: Documentation Systems, ISO 9000

Bill and Nancy Darnall, Principals

DARCOM, Inc. PO Box 27610 Santa Ana, CA 92799
TEL (714) 751-6007 FAX (714) 751-9115
E-Mail BillD -at- DARCOMinc -dot- com