Re: HTML Books

Subject: Re: HTML Books
From: John Russell <JRussell -at- DATAWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 11:12:00 -0400

Thanks everyone for the responses concerning HTML books.

Here's a list I compiled of valuable resources:

"Teach Yourself Web Publishing with HTML 3.2" by Laura Lemay (audio,
video, animation, CGI scripts, tables, HTML 3.2, Netscape and
I-Explorer
extensions, Java applets and JavaScript, and VRML.)

"Using HTML: Special Edition" by Tom Savola (no java scripts or frames)

"HTML & CGI Unleased" by John December and Marc Ginsburg (application
developers)

"Presenting Java" by John December

"World Wide Web Unleashed" 1996 by John December

"HTML Sourcebook" by Ian Graham

"HTML Visual" Quick Reference by Dean Scharf, QUE.

"HTML Manual of Style" by Larry Aronson, Ziff - Davis Press.

"Web Site Administrator's Survival Guide" by Jerry Ablan and Scott
Yanoff

"Web Site Construction Kit for Windows NT" by Christopher L. T. Brown
and Scott Zimmerman

"Web Site Construction Kit for Windows '95" by Christopher L. T. Brown
and Scott Zimmerman

"Building an Intranet With Windows NT 4" by Scott Zimmerman

"Teach Yourself CGI Programming with Perl in a Week" by Eric Herrmann

"Teach Yourself Java in Cafe in 21 Days" by Dan Joshi

"CGI Developer's Guide" by Eugene Eric Kim

Special thanks to Louise Dedekian for pointing me to:

www.mcp.com/samsnet/books/tyhtml

I spent a good hour tracking down many of the above titles.

Hope you all find this helpful!

--

kjr
jrussell -at- dataware -dot- com

K. John Russell Anagram of the year:
Dataware Technologies, Inc
5 Computer Drive South Information Superhighway
Albany, New York 12205 New utopia? Horrifying Sham!