Re: Tech Writer Responsibilities

Subject: Re: Tech Writer Responsibilities
From: "Huber, Mike" <Mike -dot- Huber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 09:38:30 -0400

I don't consider it prudent or appropriate for me to say "that's not my
job." I consider my real job description to be "whatever it takes, with a
focus on the written word." On the other hand, I will point out that I am
a limited resource, time I spend on marketing pieces is time I don't
spend on manuals. As an employee with a boss, I can refer those requests
for my time to him.
If I were a contractor, the answer might well be different.

And I never, ever say "I can't" about anything.

(OK, I might say "I don't have the authority to make that decision" or
"Building A is too heavy for me to lift" or "I will need training before
I pilot that space shuttle")