Re: Tech Writer Responsibilities

Subject: Re: Tech Writer Responsibilities
From: "Cheverie, Paul [Cont]" <paul -dot- cheverie -at- CANADA -dot- CDEV -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 11:06:00 EDT

>>>I am curious. Should technical writers, whose normal responsibilities
are within an IS organization, take offense when asked to write or edit
marketing type articles and brochures? Is it proper that writers say,
"I'm a technical writer and only write user manuals! I can't write
maketing material."<<<

I have great difficulty with the idea that a technical writer would even
consider taking offense at being asked to do productive work. Someone,
without prompting, has recognized the value that a qualified technical
writer can add to a project.
Paul C.
paul -dot- cheverie -at- gpo -dot- canada -dot- cdev -dot- com