Re: hot tech writing mkt -- salaries skyrocketing?

Subject: Re: hot tech writing mkt -- salaries skyrocketing?
From: Mary Anthony <mary -at- PERSISTENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 09:01:32 -0700

At 10:54 AM 10/2/96 -0500, Craig wrote:

> Check out:

> http://www.homefair.com/homefair/cmr/salcalc.html

> It's a salary calculator that adjusts for standards of living across
>the country. I'm not sure how all-inclusive it is, but it will give you a
>good ball-park figure.

Yeah, well, I used the salary calculator before I moved to California. I
used as a basis what I made in Houston. According to that calculator, I
should have asked for 102K here in the Valley. Needless to say, I am not
making near that salary.

Now, either the calculator is screwy, the Writer's market is, or I am for
taking a pay cut. :-)

Mary

--------
"What I read, I forget; what I see, I remember; what I do, I learn."
- Unknown Dressage Master
---------
Mary Anthony mary -at- persistence -dot- com