Mac help

Subject: Mac help
From: Marilyn Barrett O'Leary <moleary -at- LSUVM -dot- SNCC -dot- LSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 16:29:44 +0100

Help Techwhirlers. I have been given a Power Mac 7100, left from a
recently departing employee. It has a 7.1 Mac operating system on it.
Everything in our department already runs on 7.5 so we wanted to upgrade.
Here is what we have tried:

Running disktools to make sure there are no incompatible programs.

Inserting the 7.5 system disks to install, following the directions in the
book and on the screen. The install starts, goes to a certain point, then
tells us the system cannot be installed on this drive.

We checked to be sure we had enough memory, checked to be sure that ram was off.

We used the APPLe/Mac tech address on the ww web and got directions to do a
clean install.

Following the clean install process, we were able to get to disk 3. Then we
got the "cannot install system on this disk" message again.

We tested the install system disks on another mac to be certain there was
nothing wrong with them.

WHAT ARE WE DOING WRONG? I feel so stupid when something like this happens
because I suspect we've made some silly error and we can't see it. YOUR
HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS. Marilyn

Marilyn Barrett O'Leary
Louisiana Sea Grant College Program
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-7507
504-388-6349
moleary -at- lsuvm -dot- sncc -dot- lsu -dot- edu