Senior Writer Job Requirements

Subject: Senior Writer Job Requirements
From: Bob Handlin/US/3Com <Bob_Handlin -at- 3MAIL -dot- 3COM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 11:15:22 EDT

Phil said:

>Is something happening to the Technical Writing job market in which a
>minimum of 3 years experience constitutes SENIOR level? The STC requires
>5 years continous membership before senior memeber status is granted.

It's been my experience that you rarely see an ad that asks for more than 5+
years experience, regardless of the complexity of the task. It gives the
employer the possibility of picking up somebody smart on the cheap.

When I had three years experience, I was pretty sure that 3 years was all you
needed to get it right. Now that I have 10 years in, I've changed that number
to...10;)

Bob
Bob_Handlin -at- 3mail -dot- 3com -dot- com