"ethnic" humor

Subject: "ethnic" humor
From: Melissa Hunter-Kilmer <mhunterk -at- BNA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 13:06:04 EST

A modest proposal by Amos Jessup <jessup -at- VISICOM -dot- COM>:

> I am a strong supporter of the Large American Heritage combioned wiht the
smaller OED.

I didn't know that Large Americans had a separate heritage. I wonder if
hyphenation will be far behind, as in "Large-American tech writers consistently
wear plaid more than Irish-Americans of all professions."

And smaller OEDs, too -- hmm. I guess if one is Old (and possibly English), one
tends to be small, being as how (heavens, not "since") people have gotten bigger
and taller over the past several hundred years. Anyway, OEDs would be smaller
than Large Americans. And it makes sense that one would get a more balanced
idea by combining their perspectives.

Melissa Hunter-Kilmer
mhunterk -at- bna -dot- com
(standard disclaimer)