Response: Radio Buttons

Subject: Response: Radio Buttons
From: Ruth Haines CSC <rhaines -at- JCALS -dot- CSC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 10:40:16 -0400

'Radio buttons' is the correct/accepted term for those round or diamond shaped toggle switches that deselected one another when pressed. For user clarity, in our hard copy documentation we included an appendix with the proper names for the widgets and a brief description of their usage - so that we would not continually have to describe usage within the document. For online Help we hyperlink each widget name to a descriptive page for its usage.